As Teachers certified by the international Guang Ping Yang T'ai Chi Association, we subscribe to, and heartily endorse this code of conduct.
Board Approved: December 18, 2005
We agree to:
· Show respect for the life, dignity and freedom of all persons regardless of gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin.
· Pursue professional development through educational activities and studies.
· Seek out and engage in collegial relationships.
· Represent our qualifications with integrity, including educational achievements and professional affiliations.
· Provide instruction only in those areas that are within the reasonable boundaries of our competence.
· Use our knowledge to benefit those we serve.
· Cultivate an attitude of humanity and humility in our teaching.
We agree to:
· Respect the rights of our students, including the right to terminate classes and or consult with any other teacher as they may choose.
· Treat all communications from students with professional confidence.
· Maintain appropriate boundaries with all students at all times. We do not engage in sexual harassment in any of its forms.
· Treat all students with courtesy and respect.
· Establish a climate that encourages students to act responsibly, to respect one another, to refrain from anger and violence, and to avoid the use of inappropriate force at all times.