Board Approved: December 18, 2005 Revised: January 14, 2018
· To show courtesy and respect for the life, dignity and freedom of all persons regardless of gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin.
· To pursue professional development through educational activities and studies.
· To seek out and engage in collegial relationships.
· To represent our qualifications with integrity, including educational achievements and professional affiliations.
· To provide instruction only in those areas that are within the reasonable boundaries of our competence.
· To use our knowledge to benefit those we serve.
· To cultivate an attitude of humanity and humility in our teaching.
· To respect the rights of our students, including the right to terminate classes and or consult with any other teacher as they may choose.
· To treat all communications from students with professional confidence.
· To maintain appropriate boundaries with all students at all times.
· To keep relationships with students free of sexual harassment in any of its forms, including but not limited to coercion and misconduct.
· To treat all students with courtesy and respect.
· To establish a climate that encourages students to act responsibly, to respect one another, to refrain from anger and violence, and to avoid the use of inappropriate force at all times.